It's summer, and it's hot. What better time to revisit some all-absorbing books from the past. You might remember a few of these heart stoppers--where the words crept off the page and climbed inside your mind and erased the stifling heat or the humid air from your current atmosphere. Revisit a time when hours flew by as you reclined on the chaise lounge. Remember when the blissful realization of being on vacation startled you--as you sipped your frosty beverage, and stretched-- your eyes never leaving the page and fingers turned page after page frantically needing to know what happened next.
Set the do-not-disturb setting on your mobile devices, get comfortable and be prepared to be absorbed. Oh, brilliant words...take me away this summer.
Here a few books that might just do the trick.
1. Whispers- Dean Koontz
2. When The Wind Blows- James Patterson
3. A Time To Kill- John Grisham
4. The Time Traveler's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger's
5. Water for Elephants-Sara Gruen
6. Fried Green Tomotoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Flannie Flag
7. Harry Potter and The Sorcercer's Stone- J. K. Rowling
8. The Prince of Tides- Pat Conroy
9. Under the Tuscan Sun- Frances Mayes
10. Jaws- Peter Benchly