Are you Irish? To help you get in the Irish spirit, listed below are 7 of my favorite Irish movies. Have you seen them?
Nearly 33 million people in the U.S. claim Irish ancestry, according to Wallethub. That's more than the entire population of Ireland itself.
Pubs and bars join this nationl day of celebration with corn beef and hash & green beer (a strictly American tradition). Heck even Chicago dyes the rivers green. But let's face it, it is a great excuse to: say "kiss me I'm Irish", toast with an old Irish poem, do a jig, search for a pot of gold or find a Leprechaun.
So go drink a Guiness at the pub, take a stroll in a green field, or eat a bowl of Lucky Charms.
In honor of my Irish ancestry, here are 7 HAPPY Irish films to watch this weekend.
1. Once (2007) - if you haven't seen this musical film, it will be a real Irish treat! A modern day love story told by songs, shot in Dublin. the score is outstanding.
2. Finian's Rainbow ( 1968)- Directed by Franis Ford Coppolo, this is an oldie but goodie with Fred Astair and Petula Clark. Full of Irish legends, singing and dancing.. it is a perfect fit for St. Patrick Day!
3. Far & Away ( 1992)- Irish immigrants move to the Unites States and take part in the land giveaway in 1893. I love this film, full of adventure, romance and Irish sass. Tom Crusie and Nicole Kidman star in this film together.
4. In Bruges ( 2008) Funny irish mates in Belgium. Great comedy.
5. Waking Ned Devine (1998) Winning the lottery in Ireland is not as easy as you think.
6. Laws of Attraction (2004)- Pierce Brosnan, Irish castle, Irish rock star, what more do you need for a romantic comedy?
7 Leap Year (2010) - Great scenery, wonderful chick flick love story, I love this movie and the countryside in Ireland.
So, there you have it lads and lassies! My Irish (feel good) picks. Get into the Irish spirit, and escape to Ireland with a good movie this weekend.
Happy St. Patricks Day!
If you haven't checked out my books yet, click here:
Travel Secrets-learn how to spend less and see more